For our typical workshop:
- Lenses ranging from 20-300mm (we’ll let you know whether a longer or macro lens is needed)
- I carry a teleconverter (it’s also worth bringing and extra camera body if you have one)
- Polarizing filter
- Graduated neutral density filters. I carry 2, 3 and 4 stop “soft” Galen Rowell graduated filters (in X-Pro Size) by Singh Ray (if you order from them tell them you are doing my workshop and they will give you a 10% discount!)
- Back up batteries and chargers
- Lens shades and cable release
- Non-abrasive cloth
- Clothing: Be prepared to keep the sun off your head. Be sure to bring proper outerwear for the weather/temperature. Good hiking boots are often helpful.
- A flashlight can come in handy
Plus, for our winter workshops:
- A good Gore-Tex jacket and some kind of liner (eg. Polartec) – the WARMEST jacket you own
- Several pairs of gloves that are warm and flexible
- Hiking boots (KEEN makes great boots!)
- Winter boots
- Head protection – In past years we have worn baseball hats when warm and a head covering when it gets below zero (REI sells a “Raptor Balaclava” that is terrific!)
- Thermal underwear – I recommend the kind that “breathes”
- A good pair of gaiters
- Warm hiking socks
- Headband and neck wear
- Hand warmers
- Snowshoes are not a necessity, but if you have the room, bring them. They could come in handy.
Of course, each workshop will have some unique requirements. If you need anything in addition to the above that information will be sent to you upon registration.
As with all other Jack Graham Photography Workshops, more detailed information will be provided about three weeks before the start of the workshop.
I’m familiar with the best places to eat in all our workshop locations. We’ll always make sure we eat properly and stay hydrated throughout the workshop. It’s important to carry snacks and water all times. Please also remember that we are here to photograph and often the best light is at breakfast and dinner, so mealtimes will be flexible. Please note your dietary concerns, if any, on the registration form.